Friday 15 June 2012

Achy but smiley

No running today. No swimming today. In fact, just a day spent largely on my behind in an office.

My hips are quite achy today, knees were more so last night - but only when I sit down, feeling a-ok when walking about. A happy piece of news is that I am formally back into a size 16 after a long, long absence. In fact, it might be worth writing down a bit of a weight history.

Previous largest weight: 196lbs - when living in Essex in 2004, and miserable.

Lost three stone in three months with weight watchers, down to 159lbs. I looked great at this weight and fit into size 12 clothes comfortably. I still have a really nice skirt or two from this era.

Stayed at between 159 and 163 for quite a while; once up at 163 a really stressful period at work took me back down to 155 in December 2007.  I'd maintained my lower weight for three years, even though I wasn't exercising that much.

Then I started with a different company - after few months my weight had gone up to 173, which is what it was when I met the fiance in June 2008.

Weight piled on slowly, and on our trip to India in February 2009 I'd hit 177 - and the spare tyre was making itself known, judging by the old snaps. Even, gasp, the trace of a double chin...

However, much more serious was the trip to the States that autumn, September 2009. In the meantime, I'd added another 5lbs, up to 182, but whilst we were away I put on 11lbs in three weeks - up to 193lbs, partially thanks to American portions, and partially thanks to no exercise - roadtrips not great for that!

I was around 197lbs when we arrived in the Gambia in February 2010, and stayed at that weight for quite a while - including during our trip to Japan in April 2010. It was starting with my last employer though which was the real killer. With 1200 miles of travel per week, enforced work meals and drinks and 'treating' myself on the way home, I made it all the way up to 212lbs. One of the things that made me more miserable than anything else was seeing a picture of me last August (2011) at Chris and Becs' wedding - I didn't help myself by dressing in turquoise but oh, my, how can I have let myself go to that extent? I was wearing 20s (and probably should have been wearing 22s). Shiny-faced and treble-chinned.

So I have some very clear milestones to get back down to:

196lbs - weight I am today - the weight I was in Japan (the photos from there are significantly less awful than the ones from the summer wedding). I am no longer obese :-)

193lbs - the weight I was returning from the States; the tail end of those photos shows a woman with quite a few extra pounds, it's true, but also with still some shape. This weight is probably around two weeks away.

182lbs - the weight I was on going out to the States. Actually, the start of those photos show me when I'm chubby but with proper definition around my cheekbones. Two thirds of the way to goal... in around three months, say mid-September.

175lbs - this is the weight I was when Jonno and I went out to Delft to visit Phil and at this weight, my face looks fantastic. The spare tyre is merely suggested rather than taking over my lap. I have tons of energy. I hope to be this weight by the time I run the London half-marathon at the end of October 2012.

168lbs - Another half a stone down and I'm in skinny jeans, size 12 - 14s and looking great. If I was here by mid-December I'd be a happy girl!

164lbs - at this weight, I stop being overweight and officially start being a healthy weight for my height. And if I weigh in at 164 on my 35th birthday, I'd be delighted.

159lbs - at this weight, I'm officially back into the size 12s for good. Going drink-free for most of January should get me there by the end of the month...

36lbs to go, 16lbs down already, or one-third of the way there. Sounds great to say it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment