Saturday 30 June 2012

I am BACK!

With a vengeance! I thought I'd probably be okay to start week 9 of the couch to 10k programme. If I stick with that then start Hal Higson's half marathon programme for novices I should be able to run all the races :) Man it was hard work though. It was 2 x 20 minute runs. I took it fairly easy and the first run was gorgeous - I felt amazing. Then there was a three minute walk break which I appreciated but could probably have lived without if necessary. The second run was harder - my chest was achy from almost the first minute in, breathing was harder, but it was doable. Definitely psychological not physical - good music really helped, and a different route. I am bright pink. I haven't looked this colour after a run for ages! It was 20 degrees with a slight breeze. Runkeeper tells me it was 3.38 miles/5.4 kilometres and that my speed was 12.25 - I can live with that. Feel like I am back on track after a couple of weeks of dicking about ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment