Wednesday 27 June 2012

Intervalen

So tried out Zombies, Run! again today and didn't get eaten this time, which is reassuring. But what I have learned is that it will be great for interval training when I am fitter or for fun on short runs - I did about four intervals of sprinting (my version thereof anyway). Whilst this is great and certainly made me hot and sweaty, it also meant I had a couple of short walk breaks, which is annoying. I did 8 - 9 - 6 today with probably no more than 1.5 first time and 1 the second time, followed by a 20 minute walk. Really felt like I'd had a workout at the end of it though, much more so than normal because I am sweating like a pig. That might have something to do with the fact it's super-humid and even though overcast, is 25 degrees. I went running in 25 degrees! At two in the afternoon! Madness.

Anyway, after 6 weeks diligent training, 1 week enjoyably doing my own running thang, a week off and a week of zombie-induced silliness (well, two runs) I need to knuckle down again and get on with my training. I have a half marathon to run in 16 weeks and I need to be fit enough to start doing the proper training in 4. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment