Thursday 14 June 2012

Running whilst hungover

Whilst possible, is not as fun as it should be.

Weather: sunny, windy

Run: just under 3 miles around regular Dulwich route

Pace: According to Runkeeper (which adds an extra little bit near Belair Park which I don't actually run) was about 10:56 per mile today, down from the 10:44 on Tuesday.

Report: The first mile was really nice, good fun, and it was an effort to pace myself back a bit so I wouldn't expire later. The second mile was also pretty good, but I hit an energy dip just as I'm about to run through Belair Park - this happened on Tuesday too. From there on in it's hard work, I can feel it in my lungs and legs. I made it to West Dulwich shops before uncharacteristically throwing in the towel. I feel like I've exercised today, but it wasn't pretty. I'm going to go for a swim at lunchtime to get rid of the last of the calories from yesterday's wine binge and take it a bit easier next time! TOMD1

No comments:

Post a Comment