Thursday 14 June 2012

Swimming cross-training

I finished work quite early in Edgware Road so headed over to Seymour Place for a swim. I spent most of it being a bit grumpy about the lack of lane swimming, spending much of my workout ducking around Mums teaching their kids to swim and a girl dicking about diving after her locker key. Ho hum. Anyway, probably not surpisingly as it's been a couple of weeks since my last swim, and after a hard run this morning, I took longer to do my normal 40 laps and took a few recovery breaks. Not many, though, and I did all 40 breaststroke without needing to resort to back crawl, so my arms must be strengthening up slowly. My legs felt a bit wobbly but no cramp and no stitch. Even better, I realised when I got home that the pool is 30m not 25m - so I managed to up my swim to 1200m without even noticing. Ideally, I'd like my weekly swim to be 1600m (a mile) so will up by 200m per week until I've got it nailed. Time for lardy tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment