Saturday 16 June 2012

Disappointing but instructive

So, I bought some shiny new Asics Gel Nimbus 13s yesterday and went out for my three miler. I had to stop running after a mile - so stretched, and then tried to carry on. Managed about another half a mile before pretty much quitting completely. Running in these shoes is horrible - it's like having two sofas strapped to my feet. I can't feel what my feet are doing (apart from sliding around), I can't feel what the pavement is doing, my feet feel achy and numb and to make matters worse it's not helping my knees at all. So I'm going to write today off as a bust, chalk up an expensive mistake and carry on with my old Nike Zoom Airs and shop around to try and find something similar.

I also bought a Gore singlet and it kept riding up. Also my new HotPants came and there is no earthly way I can do any exercise in them at all as they don't reach my waist. Gah! That's £200 worth of expensive kit I can't send back but can't use.

No comments:

Post a Comment