Saturday 7 July 2012

Cross training

Oh man it is tipping it down here in south east London. So much so our bathroom ceiling is leaking, which is definitely not good.

The rain was making me ponder whether it was worth fitting in a fourth this week; my slightly drink-impaired conclusion was that if it's drizzly or dry tomorrow, I'll try and fit in an easy run (treating today as my hard/long) followed by a long session in the pool, and if it's continuing to come down in biblical proportions then I'll just head straight to the pool and try and swim further than I've gone before. I've now done two 1250m swims and haven't swum in a couple of weeks; if there's no easy run then it's 1500m for me, moving up from 50 to 60 lengths. I also kind of don't want to piss on my own parade for what was a great run today - having a shitty run tomorrow (and I've drunk a lot today at the family BBQ so it's not going to best today) would be somewhat disheartening. Interesting how much my mental attitude matters with training. Training for what is the real question; wedding day or real life?

No comments:

Post a Comment