Wednesday 11 July 2012

Getting faster all the time

I went for a post-work run today. I used to hate running in the evenings but I'd been looking forward to this all day. Back is miraculously better (we put the futon mattress on top of the very expensive but too-soft mattress, which is incredibly comfortable) and cold has completely disappeared. Vicks First Defence really can work miracles.

So, Zombie-assisted, I did 3 miles exactly in 29.45 which both Runkeeper and the Zombie app think is 9.55. Under a ten minute mile! Spanked it! I completely sprinted during the two chases but even so - I am thrilled with that. I felt great, too. My right leg is still giving me some gyp, particularly the calf and hamstring now (weirdly not the knee or ankle), so I'll stick to racing and going long on Sunday to the old trusty Nikes and wear these Inov-8s in gently. Weather has been downright peculiar all day - thunder, lightning and very heavy rain interspersed with blue skies and bright hot sunshine. I picked a happy moment between showers, and the weather app tells me it was 17 degrees. I ran today minus sunnies for the first time in ages, and the weather was just right for my green wool t shirt and zoom tights :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment