Saturday 14 July 2012

Fastest 5k ever :)

It was the Race for Life in Regent's Park today. Did it in 30:20, a 9.29 pace, despite hills and loads of other people! Nearly killed me though, and I was really gasping for air in the last 500m. I also ran the second half at a negative split: I was 15:30 at the halfway point and managed to run the remainder in 14:50, which I think is pretty impressive. Double that and you come in at 29:40 so I think I am totally capable of a sub 30 - that's the aim for the next one, anyway.

So pleased, slightly because I can concentrate on distance again! I didn't like the experience of so many people - racing is probably not really for me, other than as a way of occasionally assessing performance. I did it in Nikes and my long sleeved black top, was raining and about 14 degrees. I have also found out that doing even a couple of miles in the Inov-8 shoes is too quick for transition, which should take 4 - 6 months. That's best left till after the half then I reckon, these should see me right til then. Knackered but happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment