Monday 9 July 2012

Easy like Tuesday morning

I was in bed at 8.30pm last night, unheard of. I was so exhausted on the way home from work and feeling really nauseous, so I thought a very early night followed by an early morning might help. I woke up naturally around 5am and stayed in bed lounging until about 6.30, very nice. My back is still fairly stiff and sore, and I didn't want to aggravate it.

I did 2.1 miles in 24 minutes today, a pace of 11.25, so slower than I normally run but this was a recovery day and eeeeeverything hurt. My right calf and knee were achy most of the way around, left heel joined in for a moment, my arms felt like lead. I was in my new Inov-8s so inevitably my feet started aching too. It was just one big ball of ache :-) On the plus side, a) I did it and b) I was barely out of breath at all - enough to sing along to the music playing on my iPhone for most of the time.

Time for a hot and cold shower and off to work. I think I'll try running in the evening tomorrow and see if the extra 8 hours' difference helps in terms of recovery time.

UPDATE: the reason the run was so crappy became apparent at about midday when I came down with a streaming cold. I'm tackling it with Vick's First Defence and Sudafed max strength, which is really helping me through the work day. If I feel okay then I'm running Thursday; if underpar then I'm going to save myself for the race on Saturday. Fingers crossed it's the former!

No comments:

Post a Comment