Monday 30 July 2012

Learning lessons

An instructive run today. I went out shortly after getting up - no breakfast and only half a cup of water. The first run was painful to say the least - every bit ached. I stopped having run 2.56k in 18.08 mins. Then walked back to Dulwich Village rather than West Dulwich to buy some water, whereupon I started again. It was a completely different beast. Slower, mind, but no pain at all - I did another 2.54k in 19.18. So that brings my totals to 5.1k (or 3.16 miles) in 37.26 minutes, around the late 11.something pace. Note to self: eat and drink before runs unless you want to completely run out of steam. I really learned something today. For the record, it was in Nikes, 19 degrees and sunny - felt really hot when I came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment