Wednesday 4 July 2012

Rethinking training plan

Much, much better run at lunchtime again today, running in 22 degree heat. The blue singlet/knee length short combo is working well now. I ran 2.68 miles in 30 minutes, making it an 11.13 minute mile run which for me is a good increase in speed. Because... I've gone back to Zombies, Run! It made such an impact on my aerobic comfort doing a long one after a couple of sessions of this and I think that is what I should be working on rather than distance, or rather a combination of the two, in the run up to half marathon training. If I do 2 x Zombies, Run! 30 minute interval sessions and one longer run a week, going up in five minute increments, I should be easily running 3 miles twice a week and four once at the start of the programme which is where I'm aiming for. I can keep playing Zombies on my Tuesday runs when I start, too, which I think will help keep me motivated. Very sweaty though, that's what I get for running at lunchtime.

Also - yippee! Have definitely broken the 14st plateau with a very creditable 13st 12.55lbs today! This is a mere 194lbs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment