Saturday 28 July 2012

Running back to happiness

Mucho, mucho mejor. After 8 days without running and some nagging and lingering pains, I went out today for a short run to see how my body feels. The short answer is great. I did 2.62 miles in 26 mins, giving me a 9.56 pace - and I felt like I was running slow today too. It was pretty hot so stuck with normal kit - pink top and old tights.

Cardiovascular stuff all okay despite smoking a fair bit this week. So, lessons learned: don't screw around with changing trainers etc, don't try and build up distance too fast (really!), and stick recovery days in between hard runs. Simples. Training kicks off in earnest on 6th August... a mere 9 days away... ulp! Now, time to settle into the real activity for the day - Olympic-watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment